This is the website for the Oak Creek Homeowners Association, located in Lewis Center, Ohio
Dear Friends and Neighbors,
2022 was a relatively quiet year for our community. Even with increased costs for 2023 due to inflation, because there were no new projects and few unexpected expenses, the annual assessment will remain $165.00 for 2023.
In 2022, other than the regular landscape and pond maintenance, the fencing was power washed and the Pin Oak trees were pruned because the branches were protruding through the fencing. This Spring, the trees in perimeter easements and courts will be edged and mulched. The entranceway beds will also be edged and mulched. Annual flowers will again be planted in all 7 beds. Otherwise, maintenance will be kept to a minimum and no special projects are planned. If you notice anything that needs attention in the common areas, please let us know as soon as observed so we can determine if they can be addressed in 2023 or need to be scheduled in 2024.
In 2022 the HOA was approached by a few residents about solar panels. The Deed Restrictions do not allow for the installation of Solar panels. However, Ohio law changed and the Deed Restrictions must conform and allow for solar panels. A committee was formed and with the trustees researched, developed and adopted specifications and a procedure for the approval of solar panel installation in our development. The procedure and the Architectural Compliance form--Solar Panels (application) that needs to be submitted for approval to the Trustees are available on the Website. Please note that not all properties will be able to have solar panels.
Finally, safety is always a focus of attention. Please do your best to be vigilant with the following:
1. Lock your house and car doors
2. Keep your cars in the garage
3. Keep your garage door closed
4. Do not leave valuables in sight (in vehicles and house)
5. Turn on your porch and coach lights and leave them on all night
6. Shred your bills, checks, and other papers with personal identification
7. Never give your social security number to anyone over the phone.
On behalf of all of us, Gloria, Nelson, Rosalind, Randy, and Brian, we thank you for your support!
HOA DUES FOR 2023
• 2023 Homeowner Annual Assessments fee is listed below through September 30th if paid online with Credit or Debit Card (includes convenience fee).
• If paying by check the fee is $174.90 through September 30th. Make check payable to Oak Creek Association and mail to P.O. Box 626, Lewis Center, OH 43035.
• Beginning October 1st the Homeowner Annual Assessments fee will increase by 1%.
Dear Friends and Neighbors,
We are pleased to announce that the Ohio Congress has passed and Gov. Mike DeWine has signed Ohio SB61 into law. This allows for homeowner associations to permit solar panels outside of the deed restriction language. The Solar Panel Guidelines & Application Form are posted below. There will be certain restrictions and your project will need prior approval.
Your Board of Trustees
In order to ensure that property owners have the freedom to employ alternative energy solutions, if desired, solar collectors may be placed on the roof of a dwelling, located in such a way as not to obstruct windows of adjacent homes.
Before installing solar panels, please contact the HOA for approval. The engineering plan must be approved and conform to the established guidelines for the Oak Creek Homeowners Association, Inc. Primary considerations are the impact of solar panels and your home and the neighborhood.
Procedure for Obtaining Approval:
The resident requests an application from the HOA or gives the contractor permission to do so. There is a $25.00 application fee. Whether the resident or contractor completes the application, the information must be complete, accurate and conform to the established HOA guidelines in order to be approved. The completed application along with a copy of the plans, the proposal, and images of what the project will look like, and the application fee must be submitted for tentative approval. Final approval will only be given after permitted by Delaware county. After building permit(s) are secured, proof thereof must be submitted for review by the HOA. Upon approval, the resident will be notified in writing (letter or email) that installation may begin.
Solar Panel Guidelines:
1. Homeowners should first consider all existing structures and landscaping before selecting a site for any proposed solar system.
2. All plans must be preapproved by the HOA prior to installation.
3. Preferred location of flush-mounted, 4' x 6' solar panels is rear-facing, roof mounted array. Flush-mounted panels (i.e., the plan of the array is parallel to the roof) on a roof facing a street may be allowed if documentation is provided from the solar contractor indicating this is the only feasible location for a solar array. (This exception affects most corner houses since there is exposure to more than 1 street.) If panels are on a side or rear roof, the array may be tilted or raised if a variance is granted. Ground mounted solar panels are prohibited.
4. All components of the solar system should be integrated into the design of the home. The color of the solar system components should generally conform to the color of the roof shingles to the extent practical. Solar “shingles” that mimic the look of a composite shingle are NOT acceptable.
5. The installation of all solar heating and cooling systems shall only be done by a licensed installer. Applications submitted to the HOA should include:
a. A diagram “drawn to scale” by the licensed contractor installing the system showing where the system will be installed;
b. Aerial Photos of the roof area where the array will be mounted;
c. Material to be used and/or manufacturer’s description of the system, photos and/or pictures of the system and color of the system.
d. Where possible, provide photos of similar existing systems as examples.
6. Piping and electrical connections will be located directly under and/or within the perimeter of the panels and placed as inconspicuously as possible when viewed from all angles. No visible/exposed conduit or connections; i.e., conduit wrap, metallic or non-metallic, must match color of house.
7. The highest point of a solar panel array will be lower than the ridge of the roof where it is attached.
8. All painted surfaces will be kept in good repair.
9. Changes to adjacent property should not impede an existing or soon-to-be-installed solar system.
A variance to certain sections of these guidelines may be granted if compliance with these guidelines would significantly increase the purchase price of the solar system or significantly decrease its performance or efficiency. If a homeowner seeks such a variance, they must provide a minimum of two bids depicting the cost of installation of the solar system.
2023 ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP DUES
Your membership dues post card has been mailed and you should have received it. You will be able to pay by check or credit card. This is for the Oak Creek Association, located in Lewis Center, OH.
2023 DUES: Payment of dues for 2023 are $183.67 (includes convenience fee) through September 30th if paid online. Beginning October 1st the fee increases 1%. Pay HOA Fees Online
If paying by check* the fee is $176.55 through September 30th.
CURRENTLY ANYONE WHO HASN'T PAID THEIR DUES FOR 2022 ARE NOW PAST DUE AND SHOULD CONTACT Randy Green, Treasurer, IMMEDIATELY!
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO PAY YEARLY HOA DUES? By owning a home or residing in Oak Creek, you have agreed to pay yearly association dues. Non-payment of dues may result in having your property liened, plus accrue penalties and interest. If you cannot pay your dues in one lump sum or at this time, or you haven't paid previous year(s) dues, please contact our treasurer Randy Green immediately to make payment arrangements. Thank you!
*If paying by check click here for mailing address.
Road Improvements in Delaware County and surrounding areas affect our community. For a current construction schedule for our area, click here: Road Improvement Schedule
Rumpke Holiday Schedule for this year (our zip code is 43035): CLICK HERE
Trash Removal Issues: If at anytime during the year Rumpke misses your street or home, please call them immediately at 1-800-828-8171 or contact township hall during normal business hours. Our normal trash day for Oak Creek is on Friday, and may be delayed one day on holidays.
Calling before you dig holes or trenches in your yard is important not only for safety reasons, but also because IT'S THE LAW! By law, homeowners should contact O.U.P.S., 8-1-1 or 1-800-362-2764, at least 48 hours but no more than 10 working days (excluding weekends and legal holidays) or submit their request online with e-dig, the easy online remote ticket entry system for homeowners, before beginning any digging project.
Receive notifications directly from your Trustees. Includes announcements & updates regarding your HOA & neighborhood.
Access our current and previously released Oak Creek Association newsletters. Includes information and resources.
Includes Deed Restrictions, Current Practices and Rules, Code of Regulations
(By-Laws) and Ohio Legal Filings
Answers to some of the most common questions. Check here first for an answer before contact us, which can save you time.