Deed Restrictions: If you do not have a copy of your deed restrictions, you can access the Deed Restrctions on this page - see Phase(s) above. It is very important to review the Deed Restrictions before building, planting, fencing, etc. In addition to the Deed Restrictions, Orange Township has additional restrictions that should be checked for your own protection (call 740-548-5430 x124) or access their website at Orange Township.
If you have any questions, the trustees
will gladly address or assist with your concerns. We do require that any complaints regarding deed restriction violations (1) provide the nature of the violation (2) provide the property address (3) provide your name, address, and phone number and (4) use our CONTACT page
to e-mailed the complaint to us. If you do not include your contact information we will not review or contact violator. Your information is held in strict confidence.
Here is a short list of some Do's and Don'ts to use as a guideline:
• MUST CUT YOUR GRASS AND CLEAN UP CLIPPINGS AFTERWARDS.
• MUST TREAT YOUR LAWN FOR WEEDS (CRABGRASS, DANDELIONS, CLOVER, ETC.)
• MUST MAINTAIN PLANTING BEDS (NO BEDS OVERGROWN WITH WEEDS AND NO PLANTINGS ALLOWED TO GROW OUT OF CONTROL);
• CANNOT HAVE CAMPERS, TRAILERS, BOATS, RV, OR COMMERCIAL VEHICLE IN THE DRIVEWAY OR ON THE STREET MORE THAN 24 HOURS IN A MONTH.
• NO UNDRIVABLE VEHICLE CAN BE IN FRONT OF PREMISES FOR MORE THAN 7 DAYS
• NO OUTDOOR CLOTHES DRYING
NO TRASH RECEPTACLE IN VIEW OF PUBLIC FROM STREET OR ABUTTING PROPERTIES.
Trash is not to be put out prior to Thursday evenings after 6:00 p.m. for pick up on Fridays. Trash is NOT to be put on the sidewalks. It is also recommended that if a storm or high winds are pending, do not put trash out until the storm passes, keeping your trash from blowing all over the neighborhood. Promptly remove empty trash receptacles from sight along with any remaining items.)
• NO STREET TREES (TREES CANNOT BE PLANTED BETWEEN THE SIDEWALK AND THE STREET.
• NO SHEDS OR STORAGE STRUCTURES
• FENCING MUST MEET YOUR SPECIFIC DEED RESTRICTION.
• NO TRADE, BUSINESS OR COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY SHALL BE CONDUCTED ON ANY LOT, NOR SHALL ANYTHING BE DONE WHICH MAY BECOME AN ANNOYANCE OR NUISANCE TO ANY OF THE OWNERS OF ANY LOT IN THE SUBDIVISION.
• NO PAINTING, REPAIRS, ETC., ARE ALLOWED WHICH MAY BE VIEWED AS AN EYESORE TO ANY OF THE OWNERS OF ANY LOT IN THE SUBDIVISION. (THIS IS THE REASON THE BUILDERS HAD RESTRICTIONS ON ALL BUYERS AS TO THE COLORS THEY WERE ALLOWED TO CHOOSE FOR SIDING, SHUTTERS, DOORS AND ROOFS.)
Violators will receive a notice from the trustees, and we expect the violation to be resolved in a timely manner. Remember, when you purchased a home in Oak Creek, you AGREED to your Deed Restrictions, and are a legally binding agreement
. Violations that are not corrected or resolved in a timely manner will be turned over to our legal counsel. If you feel you are not in violation or have any questions or concerns, please contact your trustees
Questions & Answers
- Access our list of answers to some of the most common questions home owners have asked. LEARN MORE